About SA & E
Stanford Angels & Entrepreneurs
- Stanford Angels & Entrepreneurs is an official Stanford University alumni association fostering the entrepreneurial ecosystem of the Stanford community.
- SA&E seeks to connect angel investors to entrepreneurs building scalable companies of significance and to connect entrepreneurs with sources of capital, mentorship, prospective team members, peer-to-peer networking and insightful, supportive feedback.
- We encourage a diverse group of people to consider entrepreneurship and angel investing and to that end provide education on entrepreneurship and early stage investing as well as opportunities to meet role models.
- The culture of SA&E will exemplify the best of what is Stanford: smart, engaged, gracious people who work well together in diverse, interdisciplinary teams to solve intellectually challenging, important problems and who have fun doing it.
How Investments Will Work
- Like most angel groups, SA&E facilitates the angel funding process by soliciting plans, screening them, coaching entrepreneurs, organizing large group presentations, organizing due diligence, and monitoring investments.
- Members who are accredited investors will be invited to participate in the angel investing activities.
- Members make their own investment decisions. In addition all financings are completed through vehicles outside of SA&E. SA&E the group is not a party in any financing.
- Preference is given to Stanford affiliated entrepreneurs, but this affiliation is not a requirement for application.
- Membership is open to all alumni and those directly affiliated with Stanford including students, faculty, staff, parents of alumni or students, and spouses of alumni or students.
- In addition, subject in each case to the discretion and approval of the Club's Board of Directors, people who share the interests and objectives of the Club, but are not directly affiliated with Stanford, may also be admitted to membership as "non-affiliated" members.
- Upon signing up for membership, members must attest to accredited investor status. Members that are not accredited will not be eligible to participate in any solicitations or investments through Stanford Angels & Entrepreneurs.
- The annual membership fee is $100.